My new book PostgreSQL Server Programming – 2nd Edition is now available on all major online retailers.
This book will show you that PostgreSQL is so much more than a database server. In fact, it could even be seen as an application development framework, with the added bonuses of transaction support, massive data storage, journaling, recovery, and a host of other features that the PostgreSQL engine provides. Continue reading “My New Book : PostgreSQL Server Programming”
Based on different parameters, reuirements etc you have the following popular options.
- Block level replication – DRBD
- PostgreSQL Streaming replication (SR)– only available 9.0 +
- Slony Trigger based replication – Almost the gold standard for Master – Slave replication
- Bucardo – Perl based multi master Async replication
- pgPool- II – Load balancer, Query cache, connection pooller , Replication manager
- pgCluster – multi-master synchronous replication
Continue reading “PostgreSQL Replication Options”